Our friend Marsha Bourquin/Head Hag- Bags By Hags
explains some of the reasons in today post
Have you considered Handmade Items for your gift giving this year?
Think you can get a better quality item from the big box stores?
Think the people on your list would rather have something that is massed produced
and everyone has one like it?
I am here to tell you all the reasons why you should MOST Definitely consider a Handmade Item this year.
- Higher Quality- no machine can take the pride in its work like an individual does.
- Handmade items are made with love - the creator usually puts a piece of themselves into the work.
- A handmade item has a unique and special character that manufactured goods can never ever have. It has the life and breath of the maker flowing through it.
- Handmade is unique and usually one-of-a-kind, the buyer is supporting the small business owners vs. the big companies that produce items with no care or love for the item or person purchasing the item.
- Artists and Crafters put a little bit of themselves into their work. Everything they make has their own unique signature, be it a certain style, color palette, or stitch.
- Buying handmade supports an individual doing a craft they love.
- Because a real person took the time to make sure what they made was made with the utmost care and perfection. Nothing is more precious than one's time and each handmade gift is a gift of time
- Customer Service - This is the big one for me, if you go into one of the big box stores and find something you like but want it in a different pattern, different length, or variations of the product, guess what? The selection available is what is on the shelf. Not with Handmade, most if not all Handmade Artists will bend over backwards to make the product you desire and insure your Custom Order is to your desire!
Still not sure about buying Handmade?
Well why not browse through this wonderful list of
Here you will find Jewelry, Baby Quilts, Accessories, Home Decor,
and more in fact I am almost positive you can find something
for everyone on your list!
Marsha Bourquin/Head Hag- Bags By Hags